Friday, November 20, 2009

Biting and picking at cuticles and the skin on my fingers.....?

It's been many years since i got into the habit of picking skin off my cuticles and i was wondering if anyone knows how to stop it. Sometimes i don't even realise i'm doing it until i've gone thorugh so many layers of skin that it hurts to pick at it any more. My fingers look terrible and occasionally, if i go too far, they bleed. I also tend to bite the skin around my nails, which makes it worse. Does anyone know how to stop the habit??

Biting and picking at cuticles and the skin on my fingers.....?
Stop it! If you knew how many germs were at the ends of your fingers, you would never put those in your mouth again.


And if any guys knew what you were putting in your mouth, they wouldn't kiss you.


Just stop. Keep your hands busy and when you notice that you are doing it, STOP. Nothing or nobody will stop it for you. It's up to you. This is where you find out how strong of a person you can be.


I had to find out how strong I could be when I couldn't walk or talk or think or eat with a spoon or use the bathroom. It was hard, but I did it. Biting my stupid fingernails would be the least of my concerns. That would be so easy to stop - just stop. At least you're not falling down trying to walk again. Remember that and stop biting your nails. Don't put your fingers in your mouth - ever again. That is for babies.
Reply:there is something you can apply to the cuticles that dissolves the dead skin then it wouldnt annoy you and hopefully you mught start looking after them better


try at the shops where they sell makeup.


go to the local college every week and have a manicure


learn to love your hands


No comments:

Post a Comment