Friday, November 20, 2009

I hv psoriasis and i feel very bad for the way scaling/spots on my skin deteriorates my show up.?

I want to improve my self esteem %26amp; my confidence level, especially with regards to my looks. I hate it when people make me feel conscious of my health issues. I am down on self esteem and its impacting my relationship with my boy friend. I feel very insecure in this relationship due to my skin condition. Even though my boy friend may accept me the way I am (with this skin issue), I tend to doubt that he looks at other girls too. This gets us fighting too often. I love him and want to improve my self esteem so that my thoughts are healthier.

I hv psoriasis and i feel very bad for the way scaling/spots on my skin deteriorates my show up.?
Hi there,





Firstly, I hope you are trying some treatment for this.


Secondly, you need to realize that your looks do not define who you are. So maybe what you need to do identify the things that you are good in. Try this exercise: Write down a list of things that you are good at. For example, "I am good listener", "I care for other people" etc. List something good about your looks also. "Such as I have beautiful eyes", "My hair is very shiny". Make as long a list about yourself as you wish or as you can. If you find it difficult take somebody's help such as a close friend, a close family member.


When you feel you have enough, try and rememeber them. At night before going to bed, repeat them and go to sleep. When you wake up in the morning do this again. After repeating them a both the times, thank God for blessing you with all the these good qualities. Do this for at least 21 days.


Also whenever you think how ugly you look or whatever your negative thoughts are, tell yourself "I am doing the best I can to get rid of this. I have a lot of good qualities in me. I will spend my time in enhancing these good qualities." or something similar to this.


Keep yourself busy with acitivities that interest you. Anything like painting, writing etc.


Exercise regularly. It will not only help improve your immunity and help you get rid of psoriasis but it will also make you feel good. Do some breathing exercises.


Maybe you can have a heart-to-heart talk with you boyfriend also. Discuss with him how this is effecting you and maybe he can also be helpful to you and this will also improve your relationship with him.


I hope this helps.
Reply:My Husband has it as well. I don't even pay attention to it. I love him for who he is and what we share together.


No comments:

Post a Comment